We Promise. . .To Respect Your Budget.
Our respect for your budget is demonstrated in three important ways: transparency, control, and a low total price.
- Transparency: Tippecanoe Funeral & Cremation Services is the only local funeral home that has General Price List and all packages available on its website.
- Control: At Tippecanoe, you are in complete control of your budget and will never pay for something you do not want or need. We always make a point of keeping you fully informed of the cost of items you select when making arrangements. In the event you wish to spend more than is immediately available, Tippecanoe makes a financial partner available that will provide up to $10,000 to families that qualify.
- Lower Total Price: In addition to the funeral or cremation, you will need to budget for merchandise such as a casket or urn, as well as a final resting place such as a grave, niche or mausoleum space.
Tippecanoe Funeral & Cremation Services is located on the same property as the cemetery. This allows us tremendous flexibility in providing everything together in one convenient place at a lower cost than almost anyone else. At Tippecanoe, we strive to provide you with the lowest possible total price.
We Promise…To Help You Honor the Memories
of Your Loved One.
At Tippecanoe, we believe that a life remembered…lives on. It lives on in the hearts and minds of everyone who cherishes a memory of the deceased. Our goal is to help you honor your loved one by sharing fond memories and celebrating the story of their life. The loss of a loved one naturally creates a gathering of family and friends. Our services help to keep the focus of the gathering on how your loved one lived, not how they died.
We Promise. . .Your Service Can Be As Traditional or
As Personal As You Like.
Many families find significant comfort in a traditional funeral service. Tippecanoe Funeral Home & Cremation Services has always, and will always, be ready to care for families wanting a traditional service.
We also pride ourselves on being the most flexible, creative and innovative funeral home in the West Lafayette area. When it comes to personalizing a funeral, as long as it is legal and ethical, we will do everything possible to accommodate your family’s request. The following are a few examples of how we have personalized services for families.
- For a young man who loved hunting and fishing, the family brought in his boat, duck blinds, and a lot of his camouflage items. The whole staffed dressed in camouflage.
- For a dedicated football fan who passed away, he had his favorite Steelers jersey on, and the whole chapel was filled with his football memorabilia, and all staff wore football jerseys.
- For a lady that loved sewing, quilting, and knitting, many friends and family brought her creations to the service which were carefully displayed and were appreciated by the entire gathering.
- As a special keepsake, all attending the funeral (except the young ones!) were given knitting needles with her photo and a cherished quote that she always shared.
We Promise…To Serve Your Family As Only a Family-Owned Company Can Do.
Tippecanoe Memory Gardens and Tippecanoe Funeral & Cremation Services are truly family owned. The Shipper family has three generations of funeral home and cemetery experience. David Shipper leads the family business and he is personally involved in all aspects of day to day operations.
At most funeral homes, they are primarily focused on the care of the deceased and the logistics of a funeral. But at Tippecanoe, our family is focused on the care of your family. In fact, only 10% of what we do is for the deceased. The other 90% involves helping your family navigate a painful loss and begin the process of healing.
We Promise…To Make Everything as Simple As Possible.
The loss of a loved one can be an overwhelming experience. Whether the loss was expected or unexpected, the impact on the surviving family members can be significant. As a result, even something as common as driving a car can be difficult in the days following the passing.
At Tippecanoe, we are able to provide families with a uniquely convenient and simple funeral experience. Having our funeral home (and in the meantime, as always, our mausoleum chapels are available for funeral services) located at the cemetery eliminates the need for a procession.
It is common for families to have a visitation one day, return the next day for a ceremony in the chapel, proceed a short distance for a graveside or mausoleum ceremony and return to the funeral home for a reception. All done without a long, and potentially dangerous, funeral procession through West Lafayette.
We Promise…To Earn Our 5-Star Reputation
Every Day with Every Family
Tippecanoe has 20+ 5-star reviews on Facebook, significantly more than any other funeral home in West Lafayette. Families give us great reviews not because of our lower prices (although we are among the areas lowest) but rather for the value they receive.
Whether you spend $2,000 or $12,000 if the experience does not meet the emotional, spiritual and practical needs of your family…you’ve spent too much.
At Tippecanoe Funeral & Cremation Services, we pride ourselves on delivering more value than any other funeral provider in the West Lafayette area.
Value comes from:
- Our expert guidance as you navigate a difficult time
- Our ability to create a beautiful funeral service your family and friends will cherish
- Our willingness to handle all the details so you can relax and experience the love and support of family and friends
- Our convenient location at the cemetery that simplifies the logistics for everyone
- Our selection of only the highest quality products at all price ranges.
Our team works hard every day to earn a 5-star review from every family we serve. Should there ever be a portion of our services that does not meet your expectations simply notify us right away and we will do whatever it takes to correct the shortfall with our 100% Service Guarantee.